Thursday, May 15, 2008

*SIGH*

Sick kids.

Need I say more? Well, actually, for my own sanity, yes, I do!

Poor little Miss Z has a nasty cold. It's not that bad, and she's not miserable or feverish, it's just your common cold, but it has led to sleep deprivation of the worst kind - like 3 nights in a row.

I do so love co-sleeping with my littlest little person, really I do. I can't sleep properly on the rare occasions she ends up either in her own room or with one of her brothers, but 3 nights in a row now of coughing, spluttering, tossing and turning, sniffing, snorting, dribbling, whinging and other acts of non-sleep are taking their toll.

Z is fine! She sleeps through the above noises she's making with the greatest of ease. Sadly, I don't. Those worried-mama vibes just seem to be attuned to the slightest movement, the slightest noise.

The obvious solution is to put her in her own room for a night or two, I realise that, but this soppy mummy can't bring herself to evict a sick child to a cold, soulless, comfortless room... OMG, listen to yourself, T! PUT THE CHILD IN HER OWN ROOM TONIGHT!

I know I won't.

*Yawn* Contemplating a nap now...

*J*

No comments: