Saturday, May 24, 2008

Random ramblings

I've been slack this week with posting here, I know that. It's just been a bit of a slack week all round! Miss Z has had gastro for the last 2 days, so she, I and the washing machine are all exhausted. She's back to her chirpy self today, so all is well. Wish I could say the same for the washing maching, but it's making some strange noises. Rebellion, I suspect.


It's pissing down with rain (again) so I'm thinking it's soup time. I want to share the recipe for my favouritest soup in the universe just because I want to share the love!!


SPICY THAI PUMPKIN SOUP


Butternut pumpkin (as much as you want)

Red Thai chilli paste (homemade much, much better)

Onion, chillies, garlic and coriander (as much as you want)

Olive oil

Stock (chicken or veggie, whatever floats your boat)

1 tin coconut milk



  • Peel the pumpkin and cut into large chunks

  • Drizzle lightly with olive oil, s&p if you like it and roast in oven for around 20 minutes

  • While this is roasting, chop up the onions, chillies, garlic and the roots of the coriander together with the chilli paste and stir fry in large pot until soft.

  • Add pumpkin when roasted, and stir around for a bit to coat and mush all the yumminess together.

  • Add stock to cover and simmer until it goes even mushier, I usually do it for 30 - 60 minutes on low.

  • Let it cool a wee bit and whizz the crap out of it with a bamix until relatively smooth, but not too smooth, as a few chunky bits are yummo.

  • Return to heat, add coconut milk and re-heat, but try not to let it boil or the coconut milk can go wonky.


Serve with toasted garlic Turkish bread and eat until full.

Repeat until no soup left.


I often make a huge vat of this stuff at the weekend and live on it for most of the week!


OK, so there's a soup recipe. What else shall I ramble about? Oh, I know. I meant to post this other favourite picture of Miss Z the other day but couldn't find which file it was buried in. Now I've found it so here you go...


Well, the kitchen is screaming at me to please clean it up and then make soup in it, so that's it for now. I found some great wedding readings online last night, so will share them later.
*J*

1 comment:

Simone said...

Oh Yum T- i forgot about that soup. Thankyou Thankyou for reminding me