Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mummies, expecting Mummies and wannabe Mummies out there!

I have been well loved today. I awoke to the rather terrifying sound of pots and pans clashing in the kitchen, with not-so-well hushed stage whispers of the boys arguing about who was making what, and how it should all be done.

A short time later my bedroom door opened and in came my two beautiful boys with a tray of breakfast (scrambled eggs, bacon and oj), some beautiful handmade cards and a bunch of flowers. Teary much? I grabbed for the camera (stragetically left next to the bed last night on the offchance I may need it) only to find the batteries dead. D'OH! Oh well, that's what mobile phones are for, right? Snapped a shot with the mobile, and as much as I'd love to share it with you, I have no freaking idea how to upload it from my mobile!

Eggs and Bacon was merely the first course, my friends, there were pancakes and coffee to follow! For someone who doesn't often actually eat breakfast at all, I scoffed the lot. Funny how food made by someone else just tastes so-o-o-o-o much better!

We've since been round to visit my mum, and are now back home just chilling out.

I thought I'd share the poem 11 year old B wrote for me in his card, because it had me in stitches!

"Mum,
You're the best Mum Ever!
You will do it in any weather
You make our lives perfect
And it's really really worth it!
You help me when I'm feeling sad
Mad or even Bad
You help me when I'm down and blue
and that's just some of the reasons
Why I Love You!

I hope you have the best Mother's Day ever! And be spoiled all day like Brekky-in-bed, a night out to Brilliant 5 star accomodation, Restaurants + Hotels. All in 1 day? You betcha!
And if that's too much you don't have to because it's Mother's Day! You do what you want, where and when you want it and how you want it. All day, ok now I'm jealous.
Love B"

I think he's been watching too much Getaway or something!!

*Sigh* I do love these kids. Now to get them to finish cleaning up the kitchen after their gourmet extravaganza this morning...

*J*

No comments: